Thursday, April 29, 2010

What did you call me?

Hello all! So I'm new to this blogging world, but all of my friends have these nifty blogs about baking, crafts, and all kinds of other fun things. It would be put very nicely to say that I am "not very good" at crafts or cooking, so really this blog will just be things that happen in my day-to-day life, funny things people send me, funny things that happen to me...you get the picture.

So anywho, Tuesday I finished my first year in grad school! Woo! I turned in my two research papers and booked it home in a record 5 hours and 15 minutes. My boyfriend, Sean, is in the US Coast Guard and (unfortunately for me) has to frequently go on 3-5 day excursions, the nautical term is "going underway" (For some reason, my friends have laughed at this terminology because their minds are in the gutter ::cough cough:: Alex ::cough cough::) but nonetheless, I was lucky enough to get home the day before he had to leave!

So, let me just preface this story that Sean has an incredibly high threshold of pain (unlike myself), so it's rare that he'll even pop an Advil for a headache. Well, needless to say he had a root canal yesterday and so they gave him a heavy dose of narcotics for the pain. So once he took one, the poor thing was looped beyond recognition: giggling, his eyes were glazed over, he basically looked like he had just eaten a couple of special brownies. For the record, Sean doesn't "giggle," He has this awesome hearty laugh that I've tried to imitate with little success.

I was delighted when he arrived on my doorstep with these, (it's our 11-month anniversary. Yeah, it's cheesy, but I loved them, so lay off.):





Later, Charlie (mom's BF) grilled us some delicious steaks and some chicken, as Sean continued to giggle through dinner.

When we were watching TV in my room, he suddenly looked over at me and (once again) giggled like a school girl.
I said, "What are you laughing at?"
Giggles McGee just simply replies: "hahaha...I don't know...I was just thinking about guacamole." ::smiles really big:: ...oh the wonders of narcotics.

....Fast forward about 2 hours later, he had to drive back to Boca. So we did our normal, sad goodbyes on my doorstep, and here's where it happened. Normally, my knight in shining Guy Harvey has a couple of choice nicknames, which I'm not going to lie, I actually do enjoy. I've never been much for nicknames or pet names, but the ones he's picked are pretty good. So imagine my surprise when he whipped out this gem:

He hugged me tightly, looked me in my eyes and goes: "my wittle teletubby"

^Courtney, obviously ^


WHAT!? Was he calling me fat? Short? TUBBY? He saw the look of horror on my face as I slowly backed away in disgust.  And he says "what? aren't they cute little creatures or something?"

...Wait...for....it...

...so now I'm a FAT CREATURE!? He was digging himself his own grave and he was digging it fast. I was about to put the head stone in place when he apologized; he's never seen the show and he continuously reassured me that I am not tubby nor am I a creature. I couldn't be mad at those glassy, glazed over apologetic, deep blue eyes of his.

So we said good night, and he giggled as he walked away. Hopefully tomorrow when we go jet-skiing, he will not have taken said medication before he sees me in a bathingsuit. My pride was hurting, but at least his root canal wasn't.

PS Keep in mind he'll probably be mortified if/when he reads this--he is amazing, I've just never seen him hopped up on narcotics (and probably never will again) so I figured it should be documented for posterity.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this blog!

Victoria said...


My dad was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who needs help.